Sunday 10 June 2012

Collaborative Story

I started to laugh as I rocked in my rocking chair, my grandchildren crawling around on the floor at my feet. They reminded me of little lambs, playing with each other and giggling. I loved my grand kids, they were so full of life just as much as I was when I was at that age. I picked up my grand daughter and grandson, and gave them both a huge bear hug, and kissed them on their foreheads. "Grandpa, grandpa look what I made at school",my grandson burst through the screen door, just as I was having a nap. " You gave me a fright George, wow look at the mate that's a cool looking wooden car, where did you make it" I asked," I made it today in woodwork, pretty cool huh". 


It was my 70th birthday, and I received a call from my daughter inviting me over to her house. So I walked down to her house and knocked on the door, no one answered. That's funny I thought I just got a call from my daughter, and she's not opening the door. It never entered  my mind that they would throw me a surprise party. So I opened the door, Surprise, everyone yelled and laughed. I remember my face lighting up with joy and i was just feeling so happy, there was a banner saying happy 70th birthday, balloons and confetti covered the floor, like carpet. My whole family was their, along  with some childhood friends, and other people I had kept in touch with over the years. All these dear memories, were going so quick through my head like a short film that lasted 10 seconds, but they kept replaying over and over again. A tear made its way down my cheek, as I lay unconscious on the ambulance bed. Wishing that I could stay here forever. . .








Part 4:carried on http://breannasenglishblog.blogspot.co.nz/

3 comments:

  1. YAAYYY ! u actually did ur hmewrk ^^ LOL i thought u were jst gnnr leave it. GOOD JOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are behind with the home work. Get it caught up or it is in at interval for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no home learning for the class this week, so can you please use the time to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete